Fostering Interfaith Relationships on the Eastside (FIRE) invites you to our 17th Interfaith Dialogue on Sunday, October 3, 7:00-8:00PM. This Dialogue will be conducted online using Zoom conferencing. The link to access the Dialogue is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85172614810?pwd=MTI4SE94cTZSSFdMZ01BOHZYN203QT09; additional connection information is below. Pre-registration is not necessary for this event.
The topic for this Dialogue is “Zoroastrianism”. FIRE steering committee member Mahrukh Motafram and others from her faith will share with us on a variety of topics including the following:
- What is the history of Zoroastrianism? How did it originate, and how has it evolved over time?
- How is Zoroastrianism organized on both a local and worldwide basis? How are leaders selected?
- What would the world miss if Zoroastrianism never existed? What are its unique teachings?
- How does Zoroastrianism spread the faith to new adherents at this time?
- What are common misconceptions about Zoroastrianism and how do you explain them?
- How did you first learn of Zoroastrianism? What prompted you to follow that faith?
- How does the practice of Zoroastrianism affect your life day-to-day in modern America?
- If one wanted to learn more about Zoroastrianism, what are some introductory resources?
Their presentation will be followed by open Q&A with the audience. The moderator will use the Zoom “Raise Hand” feature to identify who would like to ask a question, and enable audio and video for each person in turn to ask their question live. You will need to unmute to be heard; enabling video is your choice.
Mahrukh is currently a member, trustee and a past Board member for the Zoroastrian Society of Washington State. She is involved with the Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America (FEZANA) where she is currently the co-chair of the North American Zoroastrian Congress committee, and a member of the executive steering committee for the World Zoroastrian Congress 2022, to be held in New York City in July 2022. She is a member, past Board member and a past President for the Assistance League of the Eastside. She is also affiliated with Seattle University as a member of the advisory council for the Center for Ecumenical and Interreligious Engagement. She resides in Sammamish with her husband Feroze and has two children, Freya and Jamsheed.
Please join us and invite your friends! Below is the complete Zoom conference logistical information. Please direct any questions to email@example.com. Pre-registration is not necessary for this event.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +12532158782,,85172614810#,,,,*049693# or +13462487799,,85172614810#,,,,*049693#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 851 7261 4810
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kepjvBVLcw